- 1 What is Cinnamon Tea?
- 2 Origin of Cinnamon Tea
- 3 Characteristics of Cinnamon Tea
- 4 Chemical composition of cinnamon tea
- 5 Different types of cinnamon tea [Ground Cinnamon Tea Recipes]
- 5.1 Classic black cinnamon tea
- 5.2 Ginger cinnamon tea
- 5.3 Lemon cinnamon tea
- 5.4 Cinnamon tea with green tea
- 5.5 Cinnamon with pineapple mint tea
- 5.6 Cinnamon tea with milk
- 5.7 Cinnamon tea with turmeric
- 5.8 Cinnamon tea with bay leaves
- 5.9 Tea with cinnamon slices
- 5.10 Honey and cinnamon tea
- 5.11 Apple cinnamon tea
- 5.12 Cinnamon tea with apple, orange and mint
- 5.13 Ingredients of cinnamon tea with apple, orange and mint
- 5.14 Preparation of cinnamon tea with apple, orange and mint
- 6 Special purpose cinnamon tea recipes
- 7 Benefits of cinnamon tea
- 7.1 Benefits of cinnamon tea for hair
- 7.2 Cinnamon Tea Benefits for Skin
- 7.3 Cinnamon tea for diabetes
- 7.4 Cinnamon tea for weight loss [Cinnamon tea is a slimming tea]
- 7.5 Cosmetic Uses of Cinnamon Tea
- 7.6 Medicinal Uses of Cinnamon Tea
- 7.7 Cinnamon tea for cough and asthma
- 7.8 Cinnamon tea is a natural diuretic
- 7.9 Gastronomic Uses of Cinnamon Tea
- 7.10 Cinnamon tea against cancer
- 8 Pregnancy and Cinnamon Tea, What Are the Effects? Causes?
- 9 Is Cinnamon Tea Good for Babies and Children?
- 10 Side effects of cinnamon tea
- 11 Does cinnamon tea have an expiration date?
- 12 Conclusion
Tea is a very beneficial type of drink, which can provide certain benefits depending on the ingredients used to prepare the tea. In this article, we are going to discuss a special type of tea. And, it is cinnamon tea. Cinnamon is usually known as spices or herbs. Today we will discuss the benefits of cinnamon tea, its bad effects, and some specific recipes of cinnamon tea.
People all over the world are becoming more and more health-conscious. As a result, they are replacing their regular coffee with ultra green coffee or some sort of green tea. And today we will combine the benefits of cinnamon with green tea to ensure your sound body.
Cinnamon Tea is a tea that will bring many improvements to your body. It will help you to cure certain problems and also improve your health. If you want to know everything about this tea, just keep reading the following sections.
It is a time when we regularly find our young generation searching for: best yoga books for beginners. So, undoubtedly it is the age of fitness and wellness. This is the reason, we think now is the proper time to add cinnamon tea to your regular diet.
What is Cinnamon Tea?
Cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon are boiled to extract their properties. Thus obtain a soft drink, but with a slight cinnamon flavor. This is cinnamon tea.
Tea can also be called an infusion. It is the beverage obtained by placing this ingredient in boiled or very hot water. Cinnamon tea can be sweetened to taste with honey or some other sweetener of your choice.
Although, we can prepare cinnamon tea in a simple way only using the cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon and then pouring the water, we can also get specialized products such as tea bags to make this process easier.
In that case, you just have to heat the water and submerge the tea bag, wait for it to release all its composition in the water and then remove it comfortably.
You can go for the following cinnamon tea. This is rated by thousands of users. And undoubtedly it is one of the finest products you can find easily in your reach.
Origin of Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon tea comes from the preparation of cinnamon stick or grounds cinnamon together with hot water. This mixture is cooked for a few minutes and/or allowed to stand so that later it will result in an infusion with the benefits of cinnamon.
For its part, when we talk about the historical origin of this tea, we must go to Sri Lanka, which is the country where the existence of the cinnamon tree was discovered, which evidently gave rise to the beginning of the use of this species in a medicinal way, as in religious rites, culinary purposes and other particular uses.
History of cinnamon tea
Tea is native to the Asian continent, as is the cinnamon tree, also known as cinnamon. So, we can deduce, that the beginning of cinnamon tea goes hand in hand with the discovery of this plant since from the beginning cinnamon was used as a medicinal plant and the best way to take advantage of this was through of your tea.
In this way, we would be talking about it is a method that has been used since about 2500 BC with special emphasis on the Asian continent, specifically in China and Sri Lanka, since the latter is the original country of the cinnamon tree.
Later, the use of cinnamon tea spread to Europe, where it was used to make offerings and perform religious rites. But, its total and modern commercialization, was propitiated in the sixteenth century, when the Portuguese began to produce cinnamon for daily use.
Characteristics of Cinnamon Tea
- Cinnamon tea is characterized by its aroma and color since it is the particular cinnamon. As well, cinnamon tea has a light or medium brown color, and its flavor is the same as cinnamon but softened due to water.
- Thus, we can say that cinnamon tea has a woody taste, a bit sweet and bitter at the same time, however, when you provide a sweetener, you can minimize the bitterness, leaving only with a spicy touch.
- In addition to this, cinnamon tea can also be characterized by its medicinal or healing properties, since this tea contributes to certain aspects of our health, such as: improves blood circulation, increases blood flow, is an aphrodisiac, Heals colds, serves as an expectorant, improves the digestive process, helps to lose weight and prevents abdominal distention.
Chemical composition of cinnamon tea
- The chemicals of cinnamon are what make this spice so beneficial to the health of the body, since it is these chemicals that act as a cure, relieving or healing certain health problems depending on the case.
- So, we must start by saying that this drink contains the essential oil of cinnamon, which contains substances such as cinnamic aldehyde, eugenol and cinnamic alcohol, these substances in addition to being those that provide effects in our body, are also those that provide the characteristic aroma of this drink.
- Other compounds that can be obtained in a lesser proportion in cinnamon tea are acids such as trans-cinnamic acid, cinnamic acetate, mucilage, carbohydrates, tannins, hydroxycinnamic aldehyde, among other substances such as vitamins and minerals.
- Cinnamon tea, being an infusion, has a lower concentration of cinnamon, which makes the nutritional values of cinnamon are diminished, that is, not so powerful.
- In this way, we can say that in a cinnamon tea we can achieve a concentration of cinnamon of 25%, in which we are given vitamins such as: C, B1, B2, B3, B12 and minerals such as zinc and potassium. On the other hand, fats, carbohydrates and proteins are very low.
Different types of cinnamon tea [Ground Cinnamon Tea Recipes]
In the following section, we will discuss different recipes of ground cinnamon tea:
Classic black cinnamon tea
For one teapot (0.5 liters), add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder at the time of brewing. The difficulty lies in where and how to find the right ingredients, as well as how to carry out the procedure. Let’s give some recommendations:
- The water should be soft – spring, artesian or ordinary tap water, but passed multi-stage purification, will do. Any impurities will not allow the tea leaves to convey all the useful and taste qualities.
- A suitable temperature is 90 degrees, that is, a couple of minutes before boiling.
- The most suitable teapot is porcelain or earthenware. Before putting the ingredients, it must be poured inside with boiling water.
- First, pour the contents only ⅓, let the leaves open and swell, after 2-3 minutes you can fill in the rest, and also add cinnamon powder.
If you don’t like experimenting, you can buy a high-quality drink at the Russian Tea Company store – apple and hibiscus will add special notes to this classic taste.
Ginger cinnamon tea
We recommend using whole sticks and ginger root. The first one needs to be ground in a mortar just before brewing – this will preserve all essential oils. The second is recommended to be cleaned and finely chopped with a knife, crushing the gruel with the flat side, squeezing out the aromatic liquid.
Together with tea leaves, you can add the resulting mixture to water heated to 80-90 degrees. After complete brewing (5-7) minutes, you can add lemon zest, a spoonful of honey or dried fruit if you wish.
The Russian Tea Company recommends tasting the Spicy Mulled Wine, whose warming taste is created by the combination of ginger, raisins, orange peel, apple, hibiscus and, of course, cinnamon.
Lemon cinnamon tea
This fruit contains a large amount of vitamins, and it also attracts with its acidity and unique aroma. Both pulp and zest are suitable for brewing, however, you need to remember that the latter is bitter. But if you nevertheless decide to add slices along with the peel, then you must thoroughly wash it from the wax that can be used to process the fruit.
The recipe for making tea with cinnamon sticks and lemon juice is very simple – you need to squeeze half a lemon into a ready-made drink, it will be enough for a half-liter volume. You can drink it hot or chilled, with ice, which is especially important in the summer heat. Before taking it, it is better to strain the broth through a sieve or clean gauze. It is recommended to crush the cinnamon stick itself in a mortar.
Cinnamon tea with green tea
The same standards apply to such tea leaves as to black tea leaves regarding the pretreatment of the dishes and the selection of spring water. But its temperature should be lower – from 80 to 85 degrees. If it is not possible to use a thermometer, then just let the kettle cool down a little for 2-3 minutes.
After 1.5-2 minutes after brewing, the contents are poured into circles, and the remaining tea leaves with a pinch of cinnamon are poured again (up to 5 times) with water. So the aroma will be unsurpassed, and all the healing properties will be preserved. Already in the cup, you can add a slice of lemon, pour a little warmed milk.
Cinnamon with pineapple mint tea
The peculiarity of this drink is that it perfectly restrains the feeling of hunger and cravings for sweets, therefore, it is perfect for consumption during a diet, as well as for people who adhere to proper nutrition and abstain from sweets. One glass of water will require:
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- A spoonful of green leafy tea.
- Juice from two circles of ripe pineapple.
- Several fresh mint leaves.
Cinnamon tea with milk
The British prefer this way of drinking, because the drink acquires a mild taste. To achieve the best effect, it is recommended to brew the leaves according to standard rules and only after pouring into cups, add heated milk individually to taste (so that it does not curl), and also put a cinnamon stick in the glass immediately. It is not only tasty and healthy, but also aesthetically beautiful.
Cinnamon tea with turmeric
Another spice that has ginger notes and a black pepper aroma. The decoction with its use turns out to be very spicy, rich and even a little harsh. The cooking method does not differ from the classic version. It is believed that the root vegetable is very beneficial for people over the age of 50.
Cinnamon tea with bay leaves
There are only two ingredients here – Lavrushka itself (5 pcs) and one cinnamon stick. Put everything together in an enamel pan and pour water. Keep on fire after boiling for no more than 5 minutes. After that, let it brew – until the dishes cool. “Infusion” is drunk chilled and strained in a small glass three times a day.
Tea with cinnamon slices
In a separate container, you need to boil water with the addition of 1 stick. It, unlike powder, cannot be faked. When the liquid acquires a light brown hue, pour it over the tea leaves in a teapot.
Honey and cinnamon tea
Honey and cinnamon tea is very famous for their medicinal properties. Lets discuss this recipe now.
Ingredients of honey and cinnamon tea
|black tea||20 g|
Cooking method of cinnamon tea with honey
- First way. We pour hot water over the kettle. We pour tea. Fill with boiling water. Add a pinch of cinnamon. We insist on one or two minutes. We filter. Cool slightly. We spread and dissolve honey. Serve hot.
- Second way. Pour boiling water into the kettle. Dip the cinnamon stick in boiling water. Let stand for one hour under the lid. We filter. Add honey. Stir thoroughly until completely dissolved. We insist on the refrigerator for 7-8 hours. Serve cold.
- Pour the tea into a cup. Bon Appetit!
Apple cinnamon tea
Brew this tea, its aroma will cheer up on cool days, and the aroma will intrigue and excite receptors.
|Number of servings||2|
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total cooking time||15 minutes|
For this recipe, it is better to take fragrant red apples and green tea. Although you can use other types of apples, and white tea, for example, I do not recommend black, interrupts the whole aroma. If the apples are sweet, then you don’t need to add sugar.
For lovers of fruit teas, we suggest making a healthy tea with apples and cinnamon. Also, such a drink will appeal to those who maintain their body shape and are trying to lose weight. Apple tea speeds up metabolic processes, normalizes the digestive tract, helps to remove toxins and excess fluid from the body. This drink promotes liver regeneration and cleansing of the bile ducts has a beneficial effect on the nervous system and maintains vitality.
In addition to its healing properties, apple cinnamon tea has excellent taste. Its fruity taste and light spicy aroma will not leave anyone indifferent! Due to its low calorie content, it is great for people on a diet. Preparing a drink is simple and quick, and you can experiment with the recipe by adding lemon or orange juice to your tea to taste.
Ingredients of apple cinnamon tea
- 2 medium apples (best sweet and sour);
- 400 ml of water;
- 1 tablespoon black large leaf tea;
- 2 cinnamon sticks;
- granulated sugar or honey to taste.
Preparation of apple cinnamon tea
- To begin with, we will brew tea in a separate container (it is best to use not steep boiling water when brewing; 2-3 minutes should pass after boiling). While the tea is brewing, we’ll start with the apples. They need to be well washed and dried, then cut into slices and remove the seeds with membranous septa. The peel can be left on. Cut apple slices into cubes with a side of 1.5 cm.
- Put the chopped apples into a glass to half of its volume, put whole cinnamon there.
- By this time, the tea has already been brewed, it must be filtered and pour over our apples. The mugs need to be covered with a saucer for 10 minutes for the drink to infuse and acquire an apple flavor and spicy aroma. After this time, you can add sugar or honey (to taste), stir and serve. The drink can also be chilled in the refrigerator for refreshing properties. Apple cinnamon tea is ready!
Simple things are not always obvious, this is exactly the case. Elementary, just to the point of impossibility, but for some reason is rarely used. But this is a delicious, warming drink.
You can drink this way, you can sweeten it with sugar or honey, or replace the water with black tea. It is advisable to drink with good music or a good movie.
Cinnamon tea with apple, orange and mint
Delicious tea for spice lovers, very wonderful! I love him with dacha apples, they are the most fragrant.
Ingredients of cinnamon tea with apple, orange and mint
|Fresh mint||½ bundle|
|Cinnamon sticks||1 piece|
|Flower honey||4 tablespoons|
|Assam tea||4 teaspoons|
|Still mineral water||1.5 litre|
Preparation of cinnamon tea with apple, orange and mint
- Cut the apples into thin slices so that they give the drink maximum aroma and taste.
- Roll the orange on a cutting board until soft, so that juice forms inside. Cut across into thin slices.
- Put apples, orange, mint, cinnamon stick and black tea in the kettle. Pour boiling water over.
- When the tea has cooled down, sweeten it with flower honey (the sweetness of honey, depending on its type and quality, is different, for a 1.5 liter teapot I need 4 heaped tablespoons).
About the process. Simply, everyone will succeed! The main thing is good and quality raw materials. About time. Maximum 15 minutes, of which 5 minutes for slicing fruit and 10 minutes for infusion. About taste. Spicy, sweet, aromatic and one of the favorites on winter evenings!
Special purpose cinnamon tea recipes
Cinnamon Tea Recipe for Weight Loss
Prepare the cinnamon slimming tea is very simple, you only need:
- 1 cup of hot water (125 ml)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon (2.5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
You should mix the teaspoon of honey and the half teaspoon of cinnamon in the cup of hot water. Then, you have to stir well and let it rest for about ten minutes to be able to drink it.
Cinnamon Tea Recipe for Menstruation
The ingredients that are needed are:
- 1 slice of cinnamon
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
You have to put a cinnamon stick in a cup and cover it with boiling water. Then, let the mixture cool and remove the cinnamon stick. Then, you are ready to drink the infusion. If you wish, sweeten with sugar or honey.
Cinnamon Tea Recipe for Flu
The things that are needed:
- 1 slice of cinnamon
- Boiling water
- Herb tea, such as green tea
Place the cinnamon slit in boiling water, leaving it there for two minutes. Then, wait for the water to cool and then remove the crack. This cinnamon water is used to make an herbal tea of any kind that will help to reduce the symptoms of the flu.
Benefits of cinnamon tea
One of the main properties that we must mention of this tea is the one that it provides thanks to its aroma, since, being from a plant with such a potent essential oil, this tea has a great smell which can give a relaxing effect.
Similarly, it should be mentioned that tea contains minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium and vitamins B and C complex, so it can provide benefits such as:
- Cure diarrhea
- Avoid digestive problems
- Avoid abdominal distention
- Strengthens the immune system
- It is expectorant
- Cures diseases that affect the respiratory system
- Stabilizing sugar levels – helping those suffering from diabetes.
American scientists have shown that by drinking a drink with the addition of cinnamon in the morning on an empty stomach, insulin-dependent people can reduce their sugar levels by 29%. This is due to the hydroxychalcone derived from cinnamon, which acts as an insulin mimetic, that is, it mimics the hormone naturally synthesized in the blood, replacing its positive properties.
- Positive effects on the cardiovascular system, in particular, reducing cholesterol and triglycerides, which can cause plaque in blood vessels and veins, and their blockage.
- Acceleration of cellular metabolism, in simple words, helps to lose weight.
- The significant anti-inflammatory effect helps in the treatment of many colds.
- Improving brain function and preventing neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s – this speaks of the benefits of the intake for people of all ages.
In addition, the aromatic drink has positive taste characteristics and is distinguished by an unforgettable aromatic bouquet.
Benefits of cinnamon tea for hair
Cinnamon is usually used in powder or oil to be mixed with other ingredients and thus prepare a treatment that provides some effect to the hair. However, the use of cinnamon in hair infusions is also possible.
We can even make infusions with cinnamon and some other herb, fruit or vegetable to provide a better effect on the hair. If you use cinnamon tea with onion or rosemary, you can stimulate the growth of your hair.
Also, if you use only cinnamon infusion as a mask or treatment to soak your hair you can significantly improve the appearance of your hair, it may look stronger, you will prevent it from breaking, you will also avoid excessive falling and in case the use often you can clarify a bit the tone of your hair due to the pigments of cinnamon.
Cinnamon tea can be used on any type of hair, as it will not influence if it is dry, oily, thin, thick, mistreated, dyed, short or long, but will anyway provide properties that will improve hair health.
Cinnamon Tea Benefits for Skin
Due to its vitamin C and B content, cinnamon tea can serve as a tonic to cleanse our face and avoid problems such as:
- Expression lines
- Premature aging
While the most commonly used methods are cinnamon powder masks for skincare with some other ingredients such as olive oil or honey, cinnamon tea can also serve to make superficial cleansing of the skin. You can start testing this method once or twice a week and start seeing your results.
Check out: Our detailed guide on cinnamon skin benefits
Cinnamon tea for diabetes
This drink has great benefits, but perhaps this is one of the best and largest. Cinnamon tea can be used as a natural remedy for diabetes type 2.
We must clarify that type two diabetes is the disease in which the body does not use or use insulin well to control the level of glucose, or may not produce enough.
That is why cinnamon provides an improvement in this case since a cup of cinnamon tea is able to regulate the level of glucose in the blood, so there should be no concern about any alteration or relapse during the disease.
A person with type two diabetes should be very careful with their diet and should monitor their sugar level at all times to avoid suffering damage, but thanks to cinnamon tea this inconvenience does not have to be a concern.
Cinnamon tea contains a compound called cinnamtannin, which causes stimulation in insulin receptors and thus activates them. Thus, the body can improve the process of synthesizing glucose.
To take advantage of this, it is recommended to consume cinnamon tea on an empty stomach and a cup after each meal, in this way you can keep the subject of blood glucose under control.
Cinnamon tea for weight loss [Cinnamon tea is a slimming tea]
Cinnamon tea is the best ally to lose weight, since the same properties that make it good for treating type 2 diabetes also contribute to a process that makes fat burning more effective and faster.
The explanation for this is obvious: when we overeat, our pancreas begins to increase its functioning, that is, it accelerates, which should produce more insulin. When this happens, our body perceives an increase in energy. Later, when the energy fulfills its function, the insulin proceeds to store the glucose for later use.
So, by ingesting the cinnamon tea, the level of sugar is reduced, so it is not necessary overproduction of insulin, this directly causes the body to store less fat and that is how we begin to lose weight.
The best and most recommended is that you start taking two cups of cinnamon tea a day, one fasting in the morning and one before bed.
Also, we must clarify that cinnamon tea used alone cannot eliminate all the weight that is necessary, but we must use this as a complementary treatment and start a balanced diet and exercise.
Cosmetic Uses of Cinnamon Tea
One of the most valued cosmetic uses of cinnamon tea is its power to help lose weight, well, although this improves health, we know that physical state is part of the aesthetic care of people.
But well, if we talk about the other cosmetic uses of cinnamon tea we must mention that it can be used for both skin and hair. Well, the vitamins and minerals contained in cinnamon tea can help keep these aspects in good condition.
Cinnamon tea can help to eliminate hair and skin oils, dandruff, inflammations, irritations and provides shine and moisture. Therefore, there are many people who use cinnamon tea both topically and taking it, because we can also absorb its properties.
Medicinal Uses of Cinnamon Tea
When we talk about the medicinal uses of cinnamon tea we must extend a little more, because this tea has more medicinal purposes than aesthetic purposes. This is thanks to the fact that, through its consumption, our body absorbs certain properties of its composition and thus we can cure several health problems, and improve certain aspects of our body.
Cinnamon tea can help us:
- Increase blood flow
- Improve circulation
- Lower cholesterol
- Regulate blood glucose
- Lose weight
- Cure a cold, cough, bronchitis and respiratory diseases
- Regulate menstruation
- Relieve the symptoms that the period brings (premenstrual syndrome)
- Relieve indigestion
- Prevent flatulence and gases
Cinnamon tea for cough and asthma
When we suffer from cough or some disease that affects the health of our throat and airways, teas or infusions are very beneficial treatments to cure these diseases. Since being a hot drink help these routes clear and calm the irritation.
In the case of cinnamon tea in specific, we must say that this is one of the most recommended to these cases, since cinnamon can cause this area to deflate and, also, has an effect on irritation and property that works as an expectorant, so it is very effective to cure cough, asthma and bronchitis.
To take advantage of this you should only consume several cups of cinnamon tea during the day, if you wish you can also add honey and ginger to enhance the power of this treatment.
Cinnamon tea is a natural diuretic
Cinnamon tea itself is a natural diuretic, since it contains properties that make the kidney function is increased and thus we can cleanse our body of the accumulation of toxins and other compounds that can be stored inside us.
If you want to use cinnamon tea as a natural diuretic, you should only consume one cup of this tea in the morning before eating any food, that is, fasting. In this way, your body will absorb better the components and substances of this drink.
You can take this treatment a couple of times a week and do it once a month unless you need a bigger effect.
Gastronomic Uses of Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon tea is a gastronomic preparation, because tea, although it is very easy to prepare, is part of-or is considered-a culinary preparation, however, its uses are best known for the aesthetic or cosmetic part and its medicinal power.
However, separating natural remedies and all naturopathic medicine, we must be clear that tea is a gastronomic preparation because we can easily get it in food stores, especially in cafes where they usually have a variety of teas to offer.
On the other hand, the use of tea in another culinary preparation is not something that is very much seen. The normal and widely used is cinnamon for the preparation of desserts and to flavor other recipes.
Cinnamon tea against cancer
There are studies where cinnamon treatment has been provided to cancer patients and they have achieved some improvement. Although we are not talking about the ideal cure for this deadly disease, it can be said that cinnamon tea due to its components and properties can help improve the healing process of cancer.
That is, what has been observed is that cinnamon tea helps cancer cells are eliminated better, faster and effectively. It is for these that it is highly recommended that cancer patients consume this tea at least once a day while they are in their treatment against their disease.
Pregnancy and Cinnamon Tea, What Are the Effects? Causes?
When a woman is pregnant, she must take into account many aspects of her daily life, because a simple detail like eating food that she should not have or doing an activity that does not favor her, can cause a serious problem in the gestation of the baby.
In the case of cinnamon, it must be said that it is known to produce miscarriages, so its use is not recommended in the first months of pregnancy. Although cinnamon tea can help prevent stomach pains, nausea, improves digestion and reduces gas, but its consumption cannot be excessive, since it also increases blood flow and can induce contractions of the uterus.
Therefore, cinnamon tea and cinnamon in general should be consumed with caution throughout pregnancy. It is best to consult your doctor before starting a treatment based on this tea.
How does Cinnamon Tea Help During Delivery?
Because cinnamon induces contractions of the uterus, it is considered to be a good method to increase or accelerate labor. However, there is no scientific study to support these results.
However, there are many midwives who recommend the consumption of cinnamon tea to make the dilation process faster, since it is believed that this tea increases the production of oxytocin, which is the hormone that works throughout the Birth. Likewise, cinnamon tea also helps to soften the uterus and prepares it to face the delivery.
That is why this tea is used by many women before or during labor, there are some that affirm their effectiveness, while others say that this had no effect, because as we know not all bodies work in the same way.
Cinnamon tea during breastfeeding
In postpartum, one of the main needs of women is to finish cleaning their body and begin to recover the body that was before pregnancy, which is why many pregnant women choose cinnamon tea, as well as being a good supplement to lose weight, this also regulates menstruation, reduces belly aches and also deflates.
However, it must be borne in mind that postpartum women should consider everything that may affect them during lactation, both in milk production and milk quality.
In this case, the use or intake of cinnamon tea is completely valid for women who are breastfeeding, as this does not affect or affect breast milk or baby.
Is Cinnamon Tea Good for Babies and Children?
Cinnamon tea has very beneficial properties that help to cure certain health problems. However, when we talk about children, this situation changes, because their organism is more sensitive and works in a different way to that of an adult, taking into account that they have younger bodies and therefore their activity is more accelerated.
Well, a healthy child should not have problems that lead him to use a natural treatment like cinnamon tea. But well, if in any case it is a consumption for pure taste, this can be used only in children over six years.
Why cannot it be consumed by younger children? Because cinnamon has very strong compounds which can affect the respiratory and digestive system of the child, depending on the use that is given, so it is not recommended that they ingest cinnamon in large quantities or recurrently.
Also, keep in mind that allergies to cinnamon can develop at an early age and its consequences or reactions can be serious: from rashes on the skin, to swelling in the throat and breathing problems, so you have to be very careful when this spice is given to a child.
Side effects of cinnamon tea
It is well known that cinnamon tea causes an effect on the uterus. Many women say that this tea can soften the uterus and because it potentiates blood flow, this influences the production of contractions, so if consumed consistently and in large quantities could trigger an involuntary outbreak.
However, this does not have any scientific support, but it is a fact that many women use cinnamon tea to advance their period or make it go down faster. Also, this tea is used during labor to promote dilation.
Then, by deduction, we can say that, if it is ingested continuously at the indicated time, this drink could lead to an abortion. In addition, it should be noted that it is not recommended to ingest cinnamon tea in the first weeks of pregnancy for this same reason.
The contraindications that can be suffered if cinnamon tea is taken improperly, that is, in excess, are the following:
- Damage to the liver and kidneys.
- Miscarriages, contractions in the uterus and hemorrhages.
- Causes hypersensitivity in lactation.
- Irritation in ulcers (in case of suffering some should not take this tea).
- It can cause cardiac arrhythmias
- You can interact negatively when you are taking an antibiotic, so you should avoid mixing both products to avoid unfavorable reactions.
Toxicity of Cinnamon Tea
When taken in the recommended and indicated measures, this tea can not cause any problem. However, when its consumption is excessive, very constant or is ingested along with another medication that can react negatively, cinnamon tea can cause allergic reactions, as well as side effects and adverse damages.
Cinnamon tea should not be consumed so often, as we could suffer from irritation in the stomach, digestive problems such as diarrhea, intoxications that would develop skin problems such as: inflammation, redness, itching, and in worse cases could swell the throat and cause respiratory problems.
Does cinnamon tea have an expiration date?
No, tea is not a drink that has an expiration date or expiration, because like the ingredients that make these drinks (herbs or spices), they cannot be fermented. What is believed is that over time the drink is losing its properties, which is why it is recommended to drink it when it is fresh.
But, if we talk about that the drink can be damaged, expire or expire, we must clarify that this is not possible, therefore, there is no risk of drinking a tea that we misplace in the stomach for this reason.
Cinnamon tea has been one of the most popular drinks all over the world. Surely cinnamon tea benefits are the real reason behind this. So lets consume cinnamon tea knowing its benefits and bad effects.