- 1 Benefits of Drinking Cinnamon Water
- 1.1 Cinnamon Water Helps to Reduce Weight Quick
- 1.2 Helps Reduce Ovarian Cysts
- 1.3 Enhances Immunity
- 1.4 Boiled Cinnamon Water Helps Coping up with Menstrual Cramps
- 1.5 Cinnamon Water Helps in Diabetes
- 1.6 Works against irregular and heavy periods
- 1.7 Regulates cholesterol levels
- 1.8 Improves digestion
- 1.9 Stimulates appetite
- 1.10 Antioxidant
- 1.11 Against the cold
- 2 How to make cinnamon water
- 3 Contraindications and precautions of drinking cinnamon water
Cinnamon water is a very common ayurvedic treatment used for many diseases. The benefits of drinking cinnamon water can help us get a healthy body and sound lifestyle.
Cinnamon water has properties that help accelerate metabolism and burn fats, being a great ally to healthy weight loss, if of course, coupled with a balanced diet and physical exercise.
Surely you already know that cinnamon is an aromatic spice that serves to give aroma and flavor to many dishes, especially desserts. Cinnamon water is obtained by boiling or by infusing various cinnamon sticks for a few minutes.
It provides various benefits that are worth knowing and the properties that are already characteristic of cinnamon. Drinking cinnamon water regularly is considered as a very beneficial health habit.
The properties of cinnamon water are those of the spice itself. That is, a great anti-inflammatory and expectorant, and with a large number of vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, iron, calcium, fiber, and vitamins C and B1.
It is effective in treating diarrhea, indigestion, bloating, and is used as an immune booster. While it has antioxidants that decrease the natural process of deterioration of free radicals.
Each 100g of cinnamon you have 431mg of potassium, 4g of protein, 8.3mg of iron, 1002mg of calcium, 60mg of magnesium, plus vitamins A, C, D, B6 and B12.
Cinnamon Water combines the benefits of cinnamon with the much-needed hydration of water, having antioxidant and antibiotic properties. Its regular consumption may be able to combat various diseases.
Benefits of Drinking Cinnamon Water
Now let us discuss the benefits of drinking cinnamon water and try to understand how to use them in our day to day life.
Cinnamon Water Helps to Reduce Weight Quick
Cinnamon helps to reduce the amount of sugar in the blood, so it is essential for those who want to lose weight. When your body has glucose peaks, you get a more intense hunger sensation. With that, you end up nipping some snacks out of time.
By reducing and controlling sugar, your appetite will be reduced because you will feel the sensation of satiety more quickly and for longer.
Here, we will discuss a special cinnamon water-based drink. The cinnamon drink is a simple infusion based on the famous spice, honey and apple.
It perfectly quenches thirst, increases immunity, improves metabolism, especially in women after 40 years.
It also helps to reduce appetite and helps to lose weight, because cinnamon helps to improve metabolism and prevents the accumulation of fat cells in the body.
To prepare cinnamon water for weight loss you need:
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (ground)
- 2 tablespoons of honey, you can take any
- 3 cups boiling water
- apple as desired (sliced)
- In a thermos with boiling water, add ground cinnamon and an apple if desired, let it brew overnight
- Add honey to the cooled infusion and mix well again
- The drink is ready and you can drink it in this way: in the morning before breakfast, in the evening 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- Cinnamon has useful properties, but it is also contraindicated for those who have problems with digestion and stomach. In this case, it is better to refuse a drink with honey and spice.
- Prepare a drink every day in the evening, drink during the day and put a new portion of cinnamon water in a thermos at night.
- At the bottom of the drink there will be a precipitate, you do not need to drink it (drain into the sink).
- The dietary regimen does not need to be changed radically: nutrition should be varied, but not very heavy. At night, it is not advisable. It is also better to refuse fatty and smoked, salty and strongly pepper food.
- You can arrange for a drink fasting days : drink 1.5 infusions every day, alternating with kefir or milkweed.
- If desired, lemon and ginger can be added to the infusion to enhance beneficial properties and reduce weight.
Helps Reduce Ovarian Cysts
Unfortunately, it is increasingly common to find women suffering from polycystic ovaries(PCOS). Caused by hormonal changes, in this disease some cysts appear on the outer borders of the same ovaries.
It is a disease that has a cure and the natural treatment is indicated to accompany and expedite the process. This is the case with cinnamon water and honey, which helps to reduce the effects of the disease.
Because cinnamon water has anti-inflammatory properties, with the presence of polyphenols, antioxidants and proanthocyanidins, water with cinnamon helps boost its immunity.
It is able to collaborate in preventing the proliferation of fungi and bacteria, also helping to stimulate blood circulation, reducing pain in cases of arthritis.
Boiled Cinnamon Water Helps Coping up with Menstrual Cramps
Given its antispasmodic properties, cinnamon helps to reduce pain during the menstrual period, being a great comfort at this stage.
Also, the frequency of cramping may be reduced when you consume boiled cinnamon water.
It can be ingested in the form of tea or ice, according to your taste and need at the time of colic.
Cinnamon Water Helps in Diabetes
Cinnamon helps relieve the consequences of type 2 diabetes by helping to reduce glucose and blood pressure. It can help you to reverse type 2 diabetes naturally at home.
It also helps decrease insulin resistance and may decrease drug dependence. Cinnamon acts on the muscle cells, helping in the process of converting sugar into energy.
This set of attributes causes sugar levels to stabilize.
Works against irregular and heavy periods
Due to the previously observed properties, cinnamon tea tends to regulate menstruation, making it a good home remedy against pain.
Regulates cholesterol levels
It also helps regulate cholesterol and glucose levels. Cinnamon water helps reduce the amount of LDL in the body, better known as bad cholesterol, in addition to triglycerides.
In addition, it stimulates the production of HDL – the good cholesterol, which also helps eliminate LDL.
If ingested regularly, the drink attenuates the impact of a very greasy food, thus reducing its impact on the body.
Cinnamon water is usually a good natural remedy when we have slow and heavy digestions. In this way, it helps us control diarrhea and is good for regulating the intestinal rhythm. Reduces gases and prevents the much-dreaded bloat.
It is usually used in cases of inappetence and lack of appetite.
As we have seen among its properties is the fact of having antioxidants. Therefore, an excellent drink to purify the body, being a diuretic and helping us to eliminate toxins. At the same time, it has an anti-aging function for the skin.
Against the cold
Thanks to the fact that it has all kinds of vitamins and minerals, it protects the body from bacteria and lowers fever, reduces coughs and protects us from colds.
How to make cinnamon water
It is very simple to do. The important thing is to pay attention to the quality of the ingredients used, always preferring fresh products.
- Cinnamon stick: 1 piece;
- Water: 1 liter.
Method of preparation
- Put the cinnamon in the water and leave overnight in the refrigerator;
- Drink during the day.
You can also make the water a little more concentrated. Just prepare a tea with 1 cup of water and 1 stick of cinnamon. Then mix with more cinnamon water.
- It is important to drink a glass of cinnamon water in fasting to potentiate its effects.
- It is also recommended to drink one hour before meals, helping in the burning and lower absorption of fats.
- The amount recommended in the previous recipe is to be used in one day. If water is left, it should not be consumed the next day.
Contraindications and precautions of drinking cinnamon water
As cinnamon tea lowers glucose levels, people with diabetes who already use some blood sugar control medication should be aware. Monitor to see if indexes do not fall too low.
Similarly, people using anticoagulants should not ingest this water, as drinking cinnamon water also potentiates this effect.
Another group that should avoid cinnamon is the one that suffers from irritable bowel syndrome and stomach ulcers.
Always remember to consult a doctor and do not take anything without your consent.
Cinnamon water or boiled cinnamon water is nothing tough to get. If there is no medical issues, we all should take it and enjoy a healthy life. Drinking cinnamon water is undoubtedly a very healthy habit which we should never ignore.